Saturday, November 15, 2008

As everyone knows, I was not very fond of New York. However, it had a few attractions that were excited to visit. The first is Central Park, It is so crazy how big this park is and that it is located in the middle of the city. Rodney and I would go on Sunday walks through the park.


The subway, what an experience. Quick story: First day in New York (more like lost in NY) Rodney and I decided that we need to purchases a few things so we packed up Lane and head to the subway. We purchase our ticket and ask the attendant how to get to the nearest Target. So we're off. At this point we are a little shell shocked, but we made it to target and begin shopping like normal. However, we forgot that we would have to get home the same way we came. After checking out and realizing that between the two of us we did not have enough hands to carry all of our items plus our child. I began to panic! So we assemble the stroller we purchased. Thinking that would free up hands and space so we could return home. So in the middle of Target and the whole world watching we assemble the stroller and stuffed as much as we could in the stroller and the left over box to begun our journey. Mind you I am on the verge of tears, and it is getting harder and harder to maintain composure! We begin the journey, i forgot to mention the target is at the top of a three story building. So we head down the escalater (yes an elevater would have been the better way to go. It was broken!) We get to the bottom level and we noticed it was pouring rain outside. Yes I lost it! I think I cry as much as it was raining but what could we do beside press onward. My husband decided to get his extremely overwhelmed wife some food to calm me down. It worked and we headed outside with a quick pray in our hearts. The pray was answered, I walked outside and standing before me was a taxi cab driver. He cost us a small fortune but we made it home that night. Needless to say I wanted to come home to Nevada that night.

The subway was always an adventure. It smelled a little like pee and the most freaky people were on them but it was the only transportation we had.



This is at Elis Island, I found my family that came to the United States from Italy on the wall, it was a neat experience for me. Antonia Scacco is my great great grandfather.


New York had a lot to offer but it was a hard adjustment to make, but we have the opportunity to see all of the sights such as; the statue of Liberty, Canal Street, the museum of natural history, empire state building and a lot of shopping.

We are happy to be back on the West coast again!!!!

No comments: